So we’ve started doing something new, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be a full project, so it will be left nameless for now.
Basically, our task was to use two different website designing websites to design a website.
Websites I used:
- WordPress – We were told to use this by our teacher. I am quite comfortable with WordPress (it is, after all, what I use as my journal). I’ve been using it for about two years now, although I have only recently tried out some of it’s other features like Custom Menu.
– It has widgets (one of my favorite features of wordpress). They are basically a list of small stuff you can put in your website, that enhance it (e.g. a calendar which shows important dates, recent posts, categories of posts, etc.).
– it has a custom menu, which means you can compile your posts to one page, depending on the category you place it in, very useful
– supports media uploads (all except videos)
You can check ratings, comments and overall public view towards your website
– very easy to customize (like weebly), it has pages and posts. But it is more unique because
– main problem is that it does not support video upload, unles you pay for an upgrade.
– may seem daunting to people who aren’t that computer-literate
- Weebly (jaoj2gandj.weebly.com)- I used this site, as I didn’t really know any other blogging websites, and I didn’t want to use blogspot. I simply searched up the top ten blogging websites, and I came up with this.
– It has a drag and drop feature, which means it is very user friendly.
you can drag elements on to the page. This is weebly’s main advantage/feature.
– it supports uploaded media (images, videos, etc.)
– can choose different themes
– can easily add pages and manage them
there are buttons to add, types of pages for customization, and arrangement of sub-pages.
– Weebly allows more than one person to edit the website, which is useful if more than one person is managing the website.
– can add background images
I think that as the user interface is so simple, it lacks the customization that wordpress has.