Project 3 – Week 2 (Day 2), – Editing the Bookings Sheet

So today was, considerably more progressive than the last. I finally managed to get some work done.

In a moment of frustration, I decided to go with the more simpler version of the booking system, much like the concert trial version, and the example that was shown in my previous post. I thought that getting some work done would be much better than not doing anything. Once I set out to work on that, my overall attitude improved because I was getting some work done, and was able to develop some ideas.

So, when making the booking system, I tried to make it as simple as possible.

The booking table

Now, I realize that this looks pretty similar to the previous example I showed in my journal a couple of posts ago.

Another person's format

In fact, the layout is pretty much the same. I even also trying to incorporate a freeze screen, just like the example above. So I tried to come with ways to set my project apart from this guy’s work.

  • Userform – I finally managed to get a userform working today, so I’m going to try and add this to my bookings system. This way, it’ll be easier to add in the customer’s info. It looks like this right now:

Current Userform

I’m still trying to figure out how to change it’s graphic properties, so it doesn’t look so bland.

  • Only one Booking button – I’m planning to use only one booking button for the booking system. Instead of having ‘book adults’ or ‘book student’ buttons, I’m just going to have one button. This is where the userform comes in again. I’m going to try and make it so that the user would be able to choose the type of customer, via a pick list, or something of the sort. Then, I’ll create an if statement so that if the info says student, senior, or adult, it will automatically add up the correct prices in the finance page, and change the color of the booking space to the correct color. This may require a lot of if statements, so I’m not sure if this will work out.

That’s about it for now. Not really sure how I’m going to make it so that it’ll work for a month, but right now I’m just focusing on the functionality of the whole system. The good thing is, now I have some progress, and can start working on how I want to do things.

Advertisements

About jaoj2

Sha Tin College 10S
This entry was posted in Project 3 - Rockschool Excel Project, Projects, What I Did Today. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s